Vtec Build

Just finished a B16 swap for a customer. Engine and subframe were completely mocked up then removed for final cleaning and paint. Engine is a stock B16 running a factory ECU, Quaife LSD, 3.42 final drive, Fully welded/modified intake, and A/C to go with it all.

 

Ready for delivery

Finished up priming, wet sanding  and painting the front end. Also blended the color through the doors for a perfect color match. Here are a few picture before it was loaded up for delivery.

Metal work and fitment done

The front clip has been spot welded together as the factory did.  The fender are pinned to the A-panels so they will stay aligned. The entire front clip is removable with just 2 pins, 2 dzus fasteners and 2 screws to hold the fender flairs.  The bonnet operates as normal and is on quick release hinges to be removed as well.  Now time to do body work on the windshield frame before final paint.

Another front clip

Started on a front clip replacement. This one is going to be a two piece with the bonnet opening as normal with quick release hinges. The fender and valence will be separate and removable as well.  The new front end panels are after market and fit like poo but will be fine for a race car. The customer had the wrong bonnet so i swapped him for one of my bonnets and fits great.  You can see on the pictures that the frame has been cleaned up and the front valence has been trimmed to fit around the exhaust. The origional front was cut to fit the tires and radiator.  New spacers for the radiator fixed the radiator rubbing and the tires are now the correct size.

Vtec Work

Helped work on the vtec today. Installed the coil over mounts I made, that solved the alignment/ rubbing issue. Also installed the hood shock and heat shield. The car is almost done just a few last tweaks.

Vtec parts

Spent the day building/gathering parts for Carl’s Vtec. I finished and painted the upper coil over mounts, to replace the Minitec ones. The originals rubbed on the coil spring and deformed from the weight of the car, so new ones were a must. Also made a strut to hold the hood open, as with the inner fender removed there is no place for a prop rod. The last thing I made was a heat shield to push more cool fresh air through the radiator. Will snap more pictures when I install them Monday.